Tiny House, Large Lifestyle!
Tiny homes are popping up across The united states, captivating people with their novel approach not only to housing, but to life. Once considered little more than a charming oddity, the tiny house movement continues to gain momentum among those who thirst for a simpler, “greener,” more meaningful life in the face of society’s “more is better” mindset.
This book explores the philosophies in the back of the tiny house lifestyle, helps you decide whether it’s a good fit for you, and guides you through the transition to a smaller space. For inspiration, you’ll be able to meet tiny house pioneers and hear how they built their dwellings (and their lives) in unconventional, creative and purposeful ways. They will invite you in, show you around their cozy abodes, and share lessons they learned along the way.
Inside you’ll be able to find everything you want to design a tiny home of your own:
- Worksheets and exercises that can assist you home in on your true needs, define personal goals, and develop a tiny house layout that’s just best for you.
- Practical strategies for cutting through clutter and paring down your possessions.
- Guidance through the world of building codes and zoning laws.
- Design tricks for profiting from every square foot, including multi-function features and ways to maximize vertical space.
- Tours of 11 tiny houses and the unique story in the back of each.
Tiny House Living is about distilling life down to that which you value most…freeing yourself from clutter, mortgages and home maintenance…and, in doing so, making more room in everyday life for the actually important things, like relationships, passions and community. Whether you downsize to a 400-square-foot home or simply scale back the amount of stuff you have in your current home, this book shows you how to live well with less.